Programs and Membership Associate - Community Development Bankers Association
Do you have a passion for community development, building wealth in low-income communities and making an impact? We are seeking a high energy and dynamic candidate for the position of Programs and Membership Associate. The Associate supports member education, programming and impact analysis functions and will also support external communications with members and external stakeholders, and the news media. The position reports to the Chief Public Policy Officer and will engage with team members at all levels.
The Community Development Bankers Association (CDBA), located in Washington, D.C. is the voice and champion for Treasury-certified, FDIC-insured Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) banks and thrifts. Our members are mission-focused financial institutions that provide lending, financial services, and technical assistance in disinvested urban, rural, and Native American communities across the United States. We support the CDFI and mission-focused banking sector through public policy advocacy, education, best practices, impact measurement, and peer networking.
- Support and participate in event planning for conferences, webinars, and other events, including conference calls, marketing, speaker engagement, and logistics
- Support membership outreach and engagement efforts
- Plan, film, edit and produce short videos hat highlight the mission-driven lending case studies
- Create compelling marketing and advocacy materials using the Adobe Creative Cloud software suite.
- Write content for website, bi-weekly newsletters, and other publications.
- Build, maintain, and utilize Salesforce database of membership contacts.
- Manage CDBA’s social media accounts.
- Collaborate with Public Policy Associate to manage CDBA PolicyMap data mapping platform for member banks.
- Support initiatives to collect success stories and data from member banks and stakeholders.
- Assist Director of Programs and Membership in communications and record keeping
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Communications or related field, such as Public Policy, Political Science, Urban Studies, Economics, or Business and ideally 2-4 years of experience in a communications capacity. Exposure and/or experience in project management and/or event planning is welcomed. Public relations experience is valued.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to network, build relationship and display superior customer service skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multifaceted environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline sensitive environment.
- Must have a strong interest in community development and/or financial services
- A proactive self-starter with excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Photography and/or video editing and production skills along with the ability to design impact storytelling in video, print and digital format.
- Must possess strong technical skills with Microsoft Office and other tools such as Adobe
- Experience with film/video is a requirement
Adobe Premiere Pro and InDesign, Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) system, Mailchimp software.
CDBA acknowledges and honors the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and identities, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, religion, and national origin. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply and consider joining our team.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage available. Retirement plan (employer matching and profit sharing); paid vacation, sick leave days, and holidays. Pleasant work environment.